So I have come up with a few tips to help you and your boy through shopping together.
Remember that they are a boy- meaning that they don't like bitching, gossiping, waiting around for long periods of time and they also get hungry and tired very quickly.
- Eat before you go- this will ensure that he is well energized
- Plan what you need to get and let him know in advance- this will help him, help you choose what you really want and need
- Know where you want to go and what you need to get
- Set a time limit, I suggest 3 hours maximum at one time- say to him 'Honey, we will be finished shopping at 2pm, if we're still going you have permission to stop me.'
- Have something to look forward too- e.g. going to the pub for dinner or coffee and a cake
- Go straight to the stores you need to go to- but walk slowly
- If you need to try items on make sure there is somewhere for him to sit. Guys don't really like standing around waiting
- Be quick when trying items on and occasionally come out to show him- he will like to feel needed
- Always be positive- even if he is whinging
- Don't be indecisive- if you're tossing up between items decide to leave it and come back without the boy
- suggests for you to try on something that you don't agree with, be polite and either take it to the change rooms or tell him you will try it later
- offers to pay make sure it's something he can afford, and that you won't feel guilty for him buying it (okay, maybe I'm the only girl that feels slightly guilty when my boy buys me gifts)
- disagrees or makes you feel embarrassed whilst trying on outfits then this is probably a sign not to take him shopping
Watch this funny video before you hit the shops with you boy.