Monday, October 19, 2009

Young Designer Markets




As I was at work the other day I noticed a lovely elderly lady come in (as you do). She had short bright orange hair, about my height (which is 153cm- yes I know... tiny, right?), wearing a beautiful floaty floral kaftan with black sleek cigarette pants! And to top it all off she was wearing the cutest tort reading glasses with one square frame and the other a circle! She happen to let me know that she was in her mid 60's- bless! Well, we got chatting, as most may know I love a good chat, and she mentioned that her kaftan was from a young upcoming Australian designer that she purchased at the Young Designer Markets (YDM). How fantastic!

Upon further investigation I discovered that the YDM is held in South Bank Parklands, Brisbane, on the first Sunday of every month. It has a selection of fashion and accessories, jewellery, homewares and arts by Brisbane's upcoming designers. Not only do you bag some beautiful, unique pieces but the prices are quite reasonable. In some instances you're getting one off pieces and you never know you may see some of the labels on the runway very soon!

See you at South Bank!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin