Friday, October 23, 2009

Falling head over heels


I love heels as much as the next girl, trust me I really do. Every time I'm flicking through a magazine I will automatically look at the shoes in any photo shoot and find out where they're from and how much they are.... is that normal?  


I am only 153cm and have the nickname 'Tiny Dancer'. But ask me how many times I wear heels in a week and my answer would be "once if I'm going out, and only at night". Now ask me how many heels I own, answer: "I've lost count, my family calls me Imelda Marcos ".  Crazy, I know, but upon further investigation I discovered that 9 out of 10 of my friends have a love of heels that they never or rarely wear. One friend has the cutest leopard kitten heels that she has never worn out of the house. Another friend has a pile (yes you hear correct 'a pile', no boxes, just 'a pile') of heels, with a few sandals and sneakers thrown in for good measure. We then discovered that she's not the only one in her family to have this 'small' obsession with shoes, but her sister, mum and even her dad have a large collection of assorted shoes. 


I asked a friend why she loved shoes, in particular heels, and she told me something I will tell myself every time I make a shoe purchase, "Shoes will never make you look fat." Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is so true! I don't know about you, but I've never gone up a size in shoes (I'm a 5 1/2) and I've never had to ask my bf if my feet look fat in these. 


So now I have decided to reorganize my shoe collection and start dusting off some heels to wear out. You never know, maybe you'll see me strutting around town during daylight hours.  


Let me know your story, do you have a heel or shoe obsession?


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin