I for one love the surf, sand and sun in the summer time, however I am very rarely bothered to go swimmer shopping. Its just as bad as underwear shopping except for the fact that hundreds of strangers will see you in your swimmers.
Here are some tips on shopping for the perfect swimmers:
- Wear comfortable clothes when going shopping- I would recommend something that is easy to take off (e.g. a dress) and also thongs (don't want to pong out the change rooms)
- G-strings and a good bra! If you are a completely sane person, you will already be aware that you are to leave your underwear on when trying on swimmers. Leave your daggy undies for when you're laying around the house.
- Fake tan a day before. This is so you will glow under the fluorescent shop lights, and it also minimizes lines, cellulite, veins etc.
- Don't feel like you have to take your boyfriend or male friend with you (see story 'Hints & Tips on shopping with your boyfriend')
- Research what style of swimmers will suit your body shape (see story 'Swimsuits to suit your body shape')
At the shop:
- Browse the sale sections- bargain central
- To brand or not to brand- do you want your bum to be a billboard or would you prefer cute little floral swimmers where the brand name is on the tag on the inside?
- Ask for assistance- yes sometimes shop assistants look at you like they would rather be somewhere else, but about 9 times out of 10 they will know what their talking about in terms of the product in store.
- Have fun and dance around a bit in the change rooms- remember that the swimmers and YOU will look totally different at the beach than in a claustrophobic fitting room, with skinny mirrors and bright lights.
- Return policy- I recommend asking this for anything that you purchase.
I hope this has helped you as much as it helped me...
Look forward to seeing you at the beach soon.